About The Foundation for the Horse
Established in 1994, The Foundation for the Horse is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization dedicated to improving the welfare of the horse through Education, Research, and help for Horses at Risk. It is governed and stewarded by world-renowned equine veterinarians and equine stakeholders. In 2022, and for the second consecutive year, The Foundation awarded over $1 million in scholarships and grants to impact equine health and well-being throughout the U.S. and developing countries. To learn more, visit www.foundationforthehorse.org.
As part of a dynamic team, the Foundation Marketing & Communications Coordinator will be responsible for the development and execution of marketing and public relations endeavors for The Foundation for the Horse, the 501(c)3 nonprofit charitable arm of the American Association of Equine Practitioners (AAEP).
In this full-time role, you will have the ability to directly impact the welfare of horses through The Foundation.
This individual will work directly with the Director of Industry Relations and the team to support their efforts and elevate the messaging of The Foundation.
This position is key to The Foundation’s emphasis on communicating effectively with its various constituencies, including donors, prospects, volunteers, and the equine industry at large.
- Branding and Messaging
- Develops The Foundation’s brand narrative and brand identity.
- Oversees all print, digital and written marketing, and development material to be consistent with brand identity.
- Oversees projects working with outside agencies as needed.
- Identifies, presents, and maintains opportunities for consistency in messaging and brand standards to improve and support the donor experience across channels from donor relations to digital to print.
- Plan Development and Execution
- Development and execution of annual marketing, public relations and social media plans for Foundation and its entities, including The Equine Disease Communication Center
- Identify and present short- and long-term goals and planned initiatives based on team needs and input.
- Print and Digital Marketing
- Development and execution of print and digital advertising
- Oversee, create, and evaluate content for media releases, social media, newsletters, e-blasts, annual reports, marketing and development collateral and other print and digital content.
- Manage the Foundation’s website.
- Oversee special marketing and communications projects of The Foundation and its entities.
- Coordinate photography and video production as needed, and curate associated photo and video libraries.
- An undergraduate degree in marketing, communications, public relations, business, or related field.
- Three years of experience working in a non-profit or membership-based organization, preferably within development/fundraising.
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing marketing and public relations campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing to a diverse audience.
- Mission-driven and goal-oriented.
- Preference consideration for applicants with development or equine industry experience.
The Foundation for the Horse is located at AAEP, headquartered at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, KY. This is a full-time, hybrid position, offers incredible benefits and is based in Lexington.
To apply, please submit resume and a one-page cover letter to:
Director of Industry Relations
AAEP & The Foundation for the Horse