Need to post a job listing with the Thoroughbred Chapter?
Job postings are free of charge to all local chapter members. Non-members may list opportunities for $50 each. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Senior Associate – Communications
Application Due Date: Friday, July 23 or until position is filled.
Location: In-person position in Frankfort, KY, with option for limited remote work with approval of supervisor.
Travel: Travel may be required.
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits.
As an integral member of the Council’s Communications Unit, the Senior Associate will be a strong writer and work with the CPE Executive Director of Communications to carry out the content responsibilities and other duties of the Communications unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage, create and edit content for press releases, websites, blogs, monthly newsletters, publications, marketing materials, video scripts and talking points.
- Align content to key messages that support the agency’s key priorities and initiatives.
- Manage and maintain a quarterly content calendar for the unit with key meetings, events, initiatives, release of CPE research reports and other news to share across traditional and social channels.
- Develop and post social media content to engage and grow audiences across traditional and new media.
- Facilitate content updates in the web content management system.
- Manage and assist with compilation and distribution of the Council’s daily news clips of higher education stories.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations or related field is preferred.
- A minimum of five years of experience in a professional communication setting is required.
- Excellent written communication and editing skills with background in AP style.
- Demonstrated proficiency in journalism, higher education communications or related area.
- Demonstrated strong project management and organizational skills, and able to meet deadlines in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Expertise in digital/social media, including strategies, measurement and reporting processes.
- Proficiency in video production – script writing, collaborating/editing and engaging feedback from partners and video content sharing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Basic understanding of website functionality.
- Ability to travel off-site as needed to cover events.
Interested applicants should send a letter of application specifically addressing the responsibilities and qualifications of the position, a resume, and the names, titles, and contact information for at least three professional references to:
Rae Smith, Human Resource
Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
100 Airport Road, Second Floor
Frankfort, KY 40601
KEMI Marketing & Communications Intern
|Assist in the development and distribution of communications for internal audiences to assist in achieving KEMI’s strategy and objectives.|
|Assist in communication efforts and ensure business objectives are in alignment with our Values and company culture.
Assist in the development of internal communications content for KEMI’s intranet website.
Consult with the Director of Marketing & Customer Experience and other key personnel throughout the organization to develop strategies for effective communication to KEMI staff.
Schedule, interview, and prepare written content for websites and social media.
Assist in the documentation of company events.
Perform additional administrative and communications tasks as needed and assigned.
Perform other duties as requested.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
|Strong research and writing skills.
Ability to effectively manage assigned projects and communicate a project’s status.
Ability to communicate to different audiences in a clear and effective manner through a variety of media (written, verbal, visual).
Ability to socialize ideas, make recommendations, develop plans and gather consensus to move forward.
Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals.
Exhibit forward thinking, positive attitude and flexibility whether working alone or with a team.
Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
|Education:||Current enrollment in a college or university pursuing a degree in Journalism, English, Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or related program preferred.|
|Experience in written communication and interviews preferred.|