Need to post a job listing with the Thoroughbred Chapter?
Job postings are free of charge to all local chapter members. Non-members may list opportunities for $50 each. Contact us at email@example.com for details.
American Association of Equine Practitioners
The American Association of Equine Practitioners, the world’s largest professional association for equine veterinarians, is now hiring for the position of communications coordinator. The primary purpose of this position is to work with the director of marketing and public relations to develop communication and marketing strategies which promote the association’s mission and strategic initiatives within the veterinary and equine industries.
Primary job duties include the following:
- Assists in the development of communication materials on key issues affecting the membership, the association and the profession.
- Develops content for the AAEP’s web site and various social media platforms, and analyzes the success of these efforts to determine strategic direction.
- Writes and edits the AAEP’s e-newsletter as well as additional e-communications as needed.
- Writes and distributes news releases.
- Creates marketing content for the AAEP Foundation.
- Serves as a liaison for media requests and initiates contact with the media for AAEP news items. Maintains AAEP media database.
- Ensures implementation standards are met for the AAEP brand marketing program.
- Assists with coordination of the On Call Program.
- Coordinates special projects related to AAEP events such as the Annual Convention.
Required skills include:
- Strong writing skills for various platforms, including web, social and print
- Social media marketing experience
- Proofreading and editing
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently
- Customer service attitude
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Prefer at least five years of experience in communications or marketing
- Familiarity with the horse or veterinary industry is helpful
The AAEP is headquartered at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington. To apply, please contact Sue Stivers, executive assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 859.233.0147.
Social Media and Communications Manager
Frontier Nursing University – Lexington, KY
I. Statement of Purpose
The goal of the Multimedia Communications Specialist is to create and share compelling and dynamic content that will build and sustain awareness of Frontier Nursing University’s mission and educational programs using key social media and multimedia platforms. The Multimedia Communications Specialist will work collaboratively with colleagues from across the organization to promote the goals, messages, image and awareness of the university while promoting social media best practices within the
organization. This position is charged with the development, implementation and monitoring of social media and multimedia campaigns across a number of platforms and will create, gather, manage and distribute content for electronic publications, social media and blogs.
II. Major Responsibilities/Functions
- Responsible for creating, managing and distributing powerful and relevant social media content through Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, the FNU blog and various other platforms while supporting FNU’s strategic communication needs. This content includes but is not limited to industry content, news and feature stories in video, print and web formats.
- Create graphics and videos and assist with development of various other media materials to contribute to marketing library for use across internal and external platforms.
- Lead the development, execution and measurement plan with metrics of fan engagement strategies for social media marketing and advertising campaigns, including third party vendor campaigns.
- Engage industry contacts, national media outlets and their journalists to cultivate leads and expand online community. Monitor, listen and respond to users on all platforms.
- Oversee design and ensure brand consistency on all online social platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum
- 3-5 years work experience in higher education or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of leveraging social media technologies such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs, and working knowledge of web analytics software. Proficiency in using personal computer and various office software packages including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, calendaring, and email management.
IV. Reporting Relations
This position reports directly to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.