Need to post a job listing with the Thoroughbred Chapter?
Job postings are free of charge to all local chapter members. Non-members may list opportunities for $50 each. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Senior Director of Content Strategy
• Adheres to College Policy and Procedures
• Acts as a role model within and outside the College
• Performs Duties as workload necessitates
• Maintains a positive and respectful attitude
• Communicates regularly with supervisor about Department issues
• Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
• Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position
• Meets Department productivity standardsESSENTIAL DUTIES
• Understanding and appreciation for the educational mission and purpose of Georgetown College
• Excellent interpersonal and writing skills; ability to use multiple writing/editing software programs, website and social media content strategy and management
• Proficient project management skills and ability to successfully meet deadlines while working on multiple projects and overseeing all aspects of production, collaborating with the brand manager for graphic design of communications pieces
• Ability to interact in positive collaborative relationships with faculty, staff, administrators, students, alumni, donors and the community in an effort to manage the process for collecting, archiving, and deploying articles/stories in all publications
• Research, interview, write, proofread, edit, and manage the production and serve as Editor of the Georgetown College Magazine, including planning content, making assignments, researching, obtaining background information, and conducting interviews in preparation for writing materials. Producing two magazines annually.
• Ability to think strategically and work to increase the digital presence of the College ensuring all communications reflect the College’s mission and promotes the reputation of Georgetown.
• Knowledge of and proficiency in essential components of social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, WhatsApp, TikTok, Flicker, etc. and actively monitor engagement on all online platforms and oversee social media calendar.
• Clear understanding and adherence to copyright regulations and privacy laws, including obtaining and maintaining records of necessary permissions to feature individuals in College communications.
• Actively promote the culture of Georgetown both internally and externally while maintaining a strong understanding of academics, athletics, student-lead initiatives and many programs at the College
• High level of expertise in digital communications technologies including HootSuite, email marketing, website CMS, etc.
• Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail to manage monthly reports on social media, website, email marketing and other key performance indicators.
• Knowledge of Google Analytics, SEO, SEM, Drupal, Zoom, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Adobe CC are a plus. Proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook.
• Provide strategic, comprehensive project management and reports on audience engagement
• Foster creative concepts while writing compelling content in a high energy and production-focused environment
• Manage external vendors, such as print and mail fulfillment
• Other roles/duties will be assigned as necessary to assist the College in the attainment of the goals set forth and the enhancement of a positive, respectful learning environment for all staff, faculty, and students.
Student workers as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Education and / or Experience — Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s Degree (M.A.) and experience in private liberal arts education or nonprofits a plus.
• Communication / Language — Requires effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated and detail-oriented with strong project management skills. Ability to multi-task and prioritize work appropriately. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Effectively present information to all constituents.
• Reasoning — Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Certificates, Licenses, Registration – Valid driver’s license and background checks required
• Computer Literacy / General Office Equipment — Advanced computer literacy. Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Pro, Expert knowledge of MS Office including PowerPoint, Word, Excel. Proficiency on both Mac and Windows operating systems is desirable.
Interested applicants may apply by following the link to upload a cover letter and resume. Review of applicants will begin immediately and resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
As a Christian institution, Georgetown College builds community through admissions, hiring and promotion policies based on merit, qualification and character. Georgetown College does not discriminate, either in the admission of students, hiring and promotion of employees, or in the administration of any educational policies, programs, or activities on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status. The college is committed to enhancing diversity in its faculty, staff and student body. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, Indigenous people, and those with other or multiple hist
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K/403b Plan, Educational Assistance
Associate Vice President for Strategic CommunicationApply Here
The Director is responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing internal and external communications that include presidential social media and leadership communication, college publications, web strategy, public relations strategy, crisis communication strategy, social media strategy, paid marketing strategy, and ROI.
- Provides leadership to the Strategic Communications team consistent with the mission of the college and the Kentucky Community and Technical College System (KCTCS) and in cooperation with college senior administrators, including recommendations on hiring, orientation, coaching, evaluation, and supporting professional development.
- Develops and guides an integrated strategic communication plan annually to include the website, social media, public relations, internal and external communication, and marketing efforts using the most up-to-date and effective tools.
- Develops and monitors an annual budget related to the goals and operational needs of the college and Strategic Communications.
- Media buying and placement.
- Oversees internal communication tools including campus computer screen messaging, campus digital signage, The Buzz college news platform, BCTC Connect intranet, college wide communication via email, and crisis communication.
- Leads team to establish a baseline and uses analytics to measure paid marketing performance, social media engagement, and website optimization and engagement.
- Leads college branding initiatives to enhance image and recognition in the community.
- Promotes and protects the college brand through overseeing and approving design and production of college publications, marketing materials, promotional items, the website, and social media.
- Provides leadership in content, design, and maintenance of the college website and intranet.
- Coordinates and manages ceremonial functions and media events of the college.
- Develops and promotes presidential brand through social media channels, and internal and external communication.
- Provides strategic communications counsel to the college leadership team and provides guidance to and coordination with the implementation of internal and external communications, media relations and marketing strategies.
- Provides professional development for colleagues in marketing and communication best practices.
- Assists with legislative advocacy communication.
- Manages and strengthens relationships with the media by ensuring news releases and supporting materials are produced and distributed on a timely basis and tracking media coverage.
- Assists with marketing and promoting the BCTC Foundation.
- Participates in college and system organizational development activities including service on college or system committees or involvement in other initiatives as assigned.
- Participates in system, state and national professional organizations, and professional development.
- Builds and maintains strong community relationships with elected officials, organizations, institutions, and community groups.
- Complies with college and KCTCS policies and procedures including preparing required reports, plans, proposals and projections and ensure compliance among staff, advising as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the VP of Advancement.
- Graphic design experience and skill with a variety of software packages.
- Web development experience and knowledge of digital communications.
- Knowledge of college recruiting, especially community college student recruitment.
- Experience and ability to manage personnel.
- Personal and professional integrity.
- Process effective interpersonal and communications skills.