The purpose of the Mentorship Program is to foster relationships between new public relations (PR) professionals and those who are experts in the field. The program will allow for an exchange of professional advice, networking, job shadowing, and more. Anyone interested in serving as a mentor or being mentored, should complete the form on the next page. Mentors and mentees will be matched based on physical location, mutual interest, and career field (if applicable).
- Communicate frequently with mentee, which may include telephone calls, emails, or face-to-face meetings.
- Share experiences and give honest feedback.
- Commit to being a mentor for one year from the date of the pairing unless you leave the PR field.
- Contact the mentor on a regular basis, at least once a month.
- Have a defined idea of what you would like to learn through this mentorship.
- Commit to continue the mentoring for one year from the date of the pairing, unless you leave the PR field.
- Submit an end-of-the-year report when the formal mentoring ends that will provide feedback on how the year went or any suggestions for improvement.
The Thoroughbred Chapter of PRSA will make every effort to locate a suitable match for each mentee. If none can be made, the mentee will be notified via e-mail.