Senior Associate – Communications
Application Due Date: Friday, July 23 or until position is filled.
Location: In-person position in Frankfort, KY, with option for limited remote work with approval of supervisor.
Travel: Travel may be required.
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits.
As an integral member of the Council’s Communications Unit, the Senior Associate will be a strong writer and work with the CPE Executive Director of Communications to carry out the content responsibilities and other duties of the Communications unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage, create and edit content for press releases, websites, blogs, monthly newsletters, publications, marketing materials, video scripts and talking points.
- Align content to key messages that support the agency’s key priorities and initiatives.
- Manage and maintain a quarterly content calendar for the unit with key meetings, events, initiatives, release of CPE research reports and other news to share across traditional and social channels.
- Develop and post social media content to engage and grow audiences across traditional and new media.
- Facilitate content updates in the web content management system.
- Manage and assist with compilation and distribution of the Council’s daily news clips of higher education stories.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations or related field is preferred.
- A minimum of five years of experience in a professional communication setting is required.
- Excellent written communication and editing skills with background in AP style.
- Demonstrated proficiency in journalism, higher education communications or related area.
- Demonstrated strong project management and organizational skills, and able to meet deadlines in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Expertise in digital/social media, including strategies, measurement and reporting processes.
- Proficiency in video production – script writing, collaborating/editing and engaging feedback from partners and video content sharing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Basic understanding of website functionality.
- Ability to travel off-site as needed to cover events.
Interested applicants should send a letter of application specifically addressing the responsibilities and qualifications of the position, a resume, and the names, titles, and contact information for at least three professional references to:
Rae Smith, Human Resource
Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
100 Airport Road, Second Floor
Frankfort, KY 40601