Title of Position: Associate, Communications
Period: Full-time state government non-merit position
Starting Date: Open until filled, 1st review of submissions – Jan. 27, 2020
Compensation: Competitive salary and state benefits
The Council on Postsecondary Education coordinates change and improvement in Kentucky’s postsecondary education system as directed by the Kentucky Postsecondary Education Improvement Act of 1997. The Council is a statewide coordinating agency.
As an integral member of the Council’s Communications Unit, the Associate will work with the CPE Executive Director of Communications and staff to assist in carrying out the content responsibilities and other duties of the Communications unit as described below.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and edit content for press releases, websites, blogs, newsletters, publications, marketing materials, video scripts and talking points.
- Align content to key messages and content strategies that support the agency’s priorities and initiatives.
- Maintain a quarterly content calendar for traditional and digital channels.
- Write and post engaging social media content and provide coverage for on-site and off-site presentations, meetings and events.
- Facilitate agency content updates in the web content management system.
- Assist with compilation and distribution of media advisories and the Council’s daily news clips of higher education stories.
- Track and evaluate communications activities based on defined criteria.
- Provide photographic support as needed.
- Maintain updates to distribution lists.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a communications-related field.
- A minimum of three-five years of successful experience in a professional communications setting.
- Excellent written communication skills with experience in AP style.
- Demonstrated strong project management and organizational skills, and able to meet deadlines in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to travel off-site as needed to cover events, including evening and overnight travel.
- Experience in higher education communications department or related area.
- Experience with digital/social media analytics; measurement and reporting processes.
- Experience in video production – script writing, collaborating/editing, engaging feedback from partners and video content sharing.
- Experience compiling and designing presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint.
Interested applicants should send a letter of application specifically addressing the responsibilities and qualifications of the position, a resume, and the names, titles, and contact information for at least three professional references to:
Rae Smith, Human Resources
Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
1024 Capital Center Dr., Ste. 320
Frankfort, KY 40601
The Council on Postsecondary Education is an equal opportunity employer.