Cornett is in search of an energetic and detail-oriented public relations pro to join our brand performance team! The PUBLIC RELATIONS ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE is responsible for assisting and supporting the Director of Digital and Social Strategy with the planning, organizing and managing public relations efforts and programs that are aligned with our client’s brand strategy and objectives. These functions will include but are not limited to media relations, social media outreach, and special event coordination.
What Tasks & Responsibilities will this entail?
• Be proactive, reliable, responsible and accurate with an attention to detail
• Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
• Must be a confident communicator and presenter
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills
• Have a full understanding of media needs and media relationships
• Possess the ability to keep information confidential
• Tactical understanding of all primary social media platforms
• Ability to work in high-stress environments, often for long hours
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude
What Experience, Knowledge and Skills are Needed?
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills focused on cultivating and building
relationships with reporters, influencers and stakeholders
• 2-4 years experience in public and media relations, community relations, influencer relations or
• Experience engaging media and social influencers in outreach and campaigns
• Working knowledge of popular media database platforms, public relations analytics and
measurement, social media analytics and measurement
• Experience with business-grade social media management solutions
What do you get?
• A competitive salary based on experience
• Health insurance (both PPO and High Deductible/HSA options)
• Dental and vision insurance
• Optional supplemental insurance coverages
• 15 days of PTO per year to start
• Free parking
• The chance to be a part of an excited, creative and innovative team
Who’s in Charge Here?
• Position reports to the Director of Digital and Social Strategy
How do you apply?
Please submit a resume with an introductory email or cover letter to Emmy Hartley at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use PR Account Executive Position in the subject line.