Social Media and Communications Manager
Frontier Nursing University – Lexington, KY
I. Statement of Purpose
The goal of the Multimedia Communications Specialist is to create and share compelling and dynamic content that will build and sustain awareness of Frontier Nursing University’s mission and educational programs using key social media and multimedia platforms. The Multimedia Communications Specialist will work collaboratively with colleagues from across the organization to promote the goals, messages, image and awareness of the university while promoting social media best practices within the
organization. This position is charged with the development, implementation and monitoring of social media and multimedia campaigns across a number of platforms and will create, gather, manage and distribute content for electronic publications, social media and blogs.
II. Major Responsibilities/Functions
- Responsible for creating, managing and distributing powerful and relevant social media content through Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, the FNU blog and various other platforms while supporting FNU’s strategic communication needs. This content includes but is not limited to industry content, news and feature stories in video, print and web formats.
- Create graphics and videos and assist with development of various other media materials to contribute to marketing library for use across internal and external platforms.
- Lead the development, execution and measurement plan with metrics of fan engagement strategies for social media marketing and advertising campaigns, including third party vendor campaigns.
- Engage industry contacts, national media outlets and their journalists to cultivate leads and expand online community. Monitor, listen and respond to users on all platforms.
- Oversee design and ensure brand consistency on all online social platforms.
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum
- 3-5 years work experience in higher education or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of leveraging social media technologies such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs, and working knowledge of web analytics software. Proficiency in using personal computer and various office software packages including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, calendaring, and email management.
IV. Reporting Relations
This position reports directly to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.